National Gallery Museum
Abbeymead Building have delivered multiple projects, on time and within budget.
- The Frame Workshop is just one of many projects carried out at the National Gallery.
- Abbeymead Building was called upon to enlarge the existing Mezzanine above the frame repair workshop located within the heart of the national Gallery in Trafalgar square.The works included:
- Installation of Spreader beam over historic Brick Arches
- Formation of Pad stones in Victorian Brick columns
- Installation of 8mtr long steel beam to release an additional 28m2 of storage space
- Demolition of existing partitions
- New flooring
Particular care had to be taken with regards to noise and vibration due to priceless works of art in Adjacent Galleries
These works were designed to minimise Hot works
To avoid any disruption to the Museum the works were programmed to allow installation of the mezzanine during the Christmas shutdown.